PANDEMIC EBT (P-EBT) SNAP BENEFITS Need Help Buying Food for Your School Age Children?

Apply for P-EBT SNAP Benefts. This is a special beneft that can help you buy food for your school age children 3 to 17 years old and 18 to 22 years old (in high school), who would receive National School Lunch Program free or reduced-priced meals when schools are in session.

Already Receiving SNAP?

If you currently receive SNAP benefts, you DO NOT need to apply for P-EBT benefts. You are automatically eligible to receive these benefts. Your additional P-EBT benefts will be loaded into your Illinois LINK EBT account along with your regular SNAP benefts.

How Much Will My Family Receive?

The beneft amount is a daily meal cost for the number of school days in the month for each eligible child in your home. For March, there were 10 school closure days. For April, there were 22 school closure days. March and April P-EBT benefts will be combined into one issuance for a total of $182.40 per eligible child in your home. Benefts WILL BE ISSUED through the end of the school year.

But My Family is Not Receiving SNAP Benefts

Is This Beneft Based on Household Income/Resources/Citizenship?

No, the only eligibility factor is that your child(ren) attend a school that participates in the National School Lunch Program and are eligible to receive free or reduced-priced meals when they are in school. For many schools, individual students qualify for free or reduced-price eligible meals. For other schools that participate in the in the Community Eligibility Provision(CEP), all enrolled students will qualify as meals are provided at no cost to the students. If you recently applied for free or reduced-price meals, P-EBT benefts will begin the month you become eligible. The head of the household of these students currently not receiving SNAP benefts will need to apply and be approved for P-EBT benefts.

How Do I Apply for P-EBT?

These instructions are for you to follow if you are not already receiving regular SNAP benefts.

  • The most efficient way to apply is online at If you apply online and include your Social Security Number (if you have one), it may help expedite the processing of your application for benefits; OR
  • You can also complete a paper application by going to the IDHS website at and email to DHS.FCS.PEBT@; OR
  • Mail a completed paper application to:Central Scan Unit
    P.O. Box 19138 Springfield, IL 62763-9138How Do I Get My P-EBT Benefts?You will receive a P-EBT LINK card in the mail with instructions on how to set up a PIN and use the card. Your benefts will already be available on the card for you to make food purchases at most grocery stores.
Translate »